The Account Manager is an organized & proactive leader who is passionate about branding and graphic design. This position requires a detail-oriented and process-driven person with impeccable communication skills and the ability to strategically approach and solve problems. As the point-person for all things time and money, the Account Manager will be responsible for partnering with the Creative Team so that they can do what they do best… create high quality work! Therefore, the role includes a deep understanding of projects, analyzing every step of the project and asking the right questions to effectively guide it, scheduling and managing project timelines and their effect on the studio, budget oversight, coordinating with suppliers, and most importantly, maintaining alignment between the client and the Base creative team throughout the entire life of a project, from idea to completion.
- Coordinate and create alignment between the internal project team and external clients, while meeting the needs of both
- Communicate day-to-day with clients on processes, timing, finances; respond to requests; resolve issues; establish clients’ project timelines
- Oversee and maintain project budgets
- Track and report invoicing with bookkeeper
- Provide weekly project status updates to Studio Directors and ensure all deadlines are met
- Maintain studio and project calendars/job sheet
- Generate new business with existing clients and contribute to business development endeavors i.e., assisting with case studies, meetings, and proposals
- Be an active part of client meetings and contribute ideas
- Support Studio Directors and Creative Team
- Oversee time-tracking and manage several projects at once (all with great care, even from the smallest task to bigger picture ideas).
- Be a source of information, an advocate, and a soundboard for both the in-office team and the client, by responding to all needs and questions
- Foster and maintain relationships with clients
- Not only solve problems, but aim to predict them as well.
- A great communicator, listener, problem solver & conflict resolver
- Comprehensive knowledge of our business and industry, that stems from experience and unrelenting curiosity
- Decisive, natural leader who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously and anticipate needs before they happen
- A “people person” who is in tune with a wide range of clients from different backgrounds (from design and the arts to finance) and can understand their needs and goals
- Resourceful & proactive
- Be a force of motivation for our team and our clients to get things done in an approachable way that doesn’t antagonize others
- Ability to act under pressure and deadlines, and serve as a voice of calm for the team and clients
- 5+ years of management experience in a marketing or branding service role
- Experience in agency or design studio a plus
- Expertise in the fundamentals of project management, including but not limited to: an understanding of project risk factors, budget analysis, and revenue planning
- Proficient in design softwares including InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Proficient in accounting/project software including Excel, Harvest and Quickbooks a plus
How to apply
Please send the following to email@example.com with subject header: Account Manager.
- CV in PDF format
- Your contact information