This is an on-site / full-time or (4/5) position at our Brussels office.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Collaborate with design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Write technical documentation and plan development
- Engage in technical discussions of new solutions and architectures
- Engineer frustration-free content editing architectures
- Deploy and update websites seamlessly
- Build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
- Explore new methodologies and technologies that can improve our services and performance
- Be a force of motivation for our team and our clients
- You believe and follow Base’s philosophy and work ethics (see BaseManifesto).
- You have a thorough understanding of Craft CMS (or ready to learn how to use a future-proofed CMS)
- Advanced PHP development with familiarity with frameworks (Laravel, Yii)
- Excellent understanding of web technologies : HTML, CSS, JS
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
- Demonstrated ability to produce clean and highly organized code
- Working knowledge of task runners (Gulp / Grunt)
- Familiar with version control (git)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, problem solving and dedicated
- You speak english + french OR dutch
- Familiarity with Object Oriented CSS and BEM naming convention
- Familiarity with DeployBot, DigitalOcean and Linux server administration
- Experience with WordPress
How to apply
If you think you are up for the job please send your resume (or Linkedin profile), a short motivation note and any relevant links that showcase your legendary skills at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we think you are up for the job, we will invite you for a coffee.
Base Digital Beliefs
Our digital world is full of complexity and noise. The online experience most people have is frustrating. Subsequently brands suffer from their own defective digital products. Base believes in a different digital environment.
We design excellent experiences that enforce brand values. We help brands tell their unique stories in innovative ways. We reconnect caring brands with their users. We innovate but value the rules of common sense.
Technology should simplify life, instead of making it more complex.
Digital experiences should be human, honest and transparent.
Base Digital is Base Design’s digital arm.
Explore. Commit. Refine. That’s the way we roll.